7.17.2008

surrender

I've been learning lately that the extraction of pride in my life is a painful, but necessary, process. Recently, I've just been in a weird funk with a consecutive amount of days ranging from "just OK" to "I never want to repeat that again." I think I'm anxious about life's changes, but I'm not taking the necessary steps to lay my burdens down at the feet of God. These steps are simple...I just need to let go of the control I cling to so tightly. But instead, I hold on to insecurities and doubts that Satan seems to put in my mind every day.

I want to know what it means to have simple faith. This morning, I simply prayed, "Lord, remind me of what I know is true: that through your Son's life, death, and resurrection, we have forgiveness. Remind me that you are good, and that your love has, and always will, endure."

It's in this simple faith that joy exists. Some days, I am so concerned with my own self that I've forgotten the peace that comes in humbling myself before the Lord. And on those days, I'm never satisfied and never content.

I need to leave Egypt. But I can't do it alone.

No comments: