9.30.2008

yes, i'm really giving away money to someone who reads my blog...

OK friends, here's the deal.
I really love baseball.
And I really love blogging.
So why not combine the two during one of the most exciting times of the year--Major League Baseball playoffs!

Leave a comment on this post with your predictions on WHAT TEAM will win the World Series AND in HOW MANY GAMES they will do so. There is a prize for the winner valued at $10 in the form of a gift card. So don't forget to make it clear WHO YOU ARE if you leave a comment (and just so you know, even if you don't have a Google account, you still are able to comment anonymously and sign your name).

There may need to be a tie-breaker, but we'll deal with that when the time comes:) All are welcome to participate, even if you don't live in Louisville where I currently reside. Although, if you are an international reader, I can't make any promises. Only requirement is that I have to actually know you in-person...complete strangers will not win anything!

Just in case you need some help, here are the teams in the playoffs: Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Phillies, Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago White Sox, Los Angeles Angels, Boston Red Sox, or Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

YOU NEED TO RESPOND BY 5:00PM EST ON OCTOBER 2, 2008.

And in case you care, I really really really would like the White Sox to win...and preferably, over the Cubs in however many games it takes. But that's not my actual predictions, it's just wishful thinking:)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

so...if I'm the only comment, does that mean I win by default??

Phillies in 5.

-A. Kearney

Joshua Masters said...

I am going to admit that I do not know a lot about baseball but I am going to predict the corollary of last year: Cubs over Red Sox in 5.

Snipejaeg said...

Brewers in 6

mike p

Renee Lewis said...

Cubs over Red Sox in 6... i really don't have any clue. I just want the Cubs to win. Sorry, Amy.

Anonymous said...

I want the White Sox to win too, so I'll go for the gusto and say White Sox over the Cubs in 6 games.

-Kevin Whiteman

Anonymous said...

Devil Rays over Dodgers 6

Chris B

Chris said...

Angels in 6

-- The REAL Chris B(yrley)

Lindsay said...

My prediction is Cubbies in 6 games...for all those 100+ year olds that want to see them win again before they die! (Not to mention for my husband's sake because he's a die-hard fan!)

Anonymous said...

The Cubs in 5 games...they just need to win. I don't care who they beat:)

natalievm said...

White sox in 5

Unknown said...

Angel in 7.
Your MOM. Can't wait to have my daughter pay ME!

Dave said...

So, how do you like that?! Your own DAD was too late to enter!! Well anyway, I was probably going to pick a Team that's already down 0-2.

Anonymous said...

i'm going to have to go with the rams. how do you plan on getting me the money when i win?

Rodney (Waco, TX)

Amy said...

Rodney...or whoever you are...actually READING the blog may actually help your chances:)

Here's who we still have in it:
Aaron - Phillies in 5
Chris B - Devil Rays in 6

The REAL Chris B and my mom have the Angels, so if they somehow end up pulling the upset over the Red Sox, they'll be in it too.

And for all of you who chose the Cubs, I really hope you've learned your lesson:)

Chris said...

stupid Angels ...